Support in all forms help to push North Waveland’s artistic and educational endeavors forward. Outreach is a key part of our growth, and thanks to the support of individual donations, underwriters, businesses, foundations, and other sources that share our belief in the importance of the arts – allow us to continue to contribute to the cultural landscape. Charitable contributions go directly to artists in need, children programs, productions, and educational enrichment. Commissioned works, subsidized performances, community facility use, and all capital projects are funded solely through the generosity of our donors. With your generous support it helps us to achieve more. Thank YOU!
WAYS TO GIVE
GIFT OF CASH, BANK ACCOUNTS, CERTIFICATES of DEPOSIT, BROKERAGE ACCOUNTS
- One of the easiest and most common ways to support North Waveland is with a gift of cash. Outlined are a few flexible options for consideration:
- A cash gift can be made by check, credit card or money order – this form of contribution ensure that our most immediate and urgent needs are met.
- a payable on death (POD) account is also accepted. A POD /TOD bank account or certificate of deposit names one or more persons or charities as the beneficiary of all funds once you, the account owner, pass away. The beneficiary you name has no rights to the funds until after your lifetime. Until that time, you remain in control and are free to use the money in the bank account, change the beneficiary or close the account.
- A transfer on death (TOD) account. By placing a TOD designation on your brokerage or investment account, that account will be paid over to one or more persons or charities after your lifetime.
EMPLOYER MATCHING CAMPAIGN
- Add North Waveland to your organization’s charitable matching gift program. Don’t have one? –Many companies sponsor contributing matching programs. The standard range has been 1:1, 1:2, or 1:3 matching gifts.
SUPPORT A PROGRAM – SEE YOUR GENEROSITY IN ACTION
- $150 : Support one instructional hour of arts and supplies in the classroom
- $750 : Support a week-long hour long instructional arts program and supplies in the classroom
- $1,500 : Provide one professional teaching artist residency
- $3,000 : Support a month-long after school program.
- $5,000 : Support a week long Fall or Spring Break Arts Intensive Program
- $10,000 : Support a 3 month Summer Arts Intensive Program
BUY A BUS
- When you Buy A Bus, you help fill a crucial void to bring the arts to areas of cultural need. To help remedy this crisis, we established a Bus Fund which provides transportation to events and free shows for schools.
- Generosity comes in many forms, often organizations, people and companies opt to support our mission and programs by donating goods and services that help us celebrate the art of performance with our artists and audiences. Below are a few examples how you can support causes that matter and make a difference in the love of others.
Agency Services Air mileage Hotel Points Video Equipment
Generators Working vehicles Laptops/iPads
- Making a gift of appreciated securities or mutual funds you can reduce and sometimes eliminate federal capital gains taxes on the transfer – which can sometimes be as high as 20%. You may also be entitled to other federal deductions based on the fair market value of the securities at the time of the transfer.
- Bequest through a will
- Gift through a living trust or other non-charitable trust
- Securities and Mutual Funds as Donations
- Charitable remainder trust
- Outright gift of appreciated securities
- Charitable Gift annuity
- Closely held stock
- Real Estate
- Beneficiary designations
- IRA and retirement plans assets
- Life Insurance Policies
- Commercial annuities
We know there are a number of organizations around the world that support great causes. We hope that North Waveland is at the top of that list and top of mind due our unique approach to localizing the global artistry of the African Diaspora and expanding the arts in ways that are often unseen. As a way of thanking our generous supporters we would like to offer a token of appreciation created by North Waveland artists and partners which have been curated by our staff.
Appreciation Gift Examples
TIER I ($500+ Donation)
- Exclusive invitations to sponsored events
- Access to VIP areas during pre and post events
- Access to limited inventory merchandise
- Discounts on event swag or music
- Preview of new works, programs, and performances
- Recognition on donor wall
TIER II ($1,000+ Donation)
- Any of the items above
- Signed poster
- Priority seating at events
- Access to meet and greets
- Invitations to intimate gatherings with North Waveland leadership and artists
- Invitation to special events
TIER III ($5,000+ Donation)
- Any of the items above
- Complimentary tickets
- Invitation to taping sessions of performances
- Commissioned Artwork
- Access to private concerts
- Personal photo with artist(s)
- Opportunity for a one-on-one luncheon with our artists
TIER IV ($20,000+ Donation)
- Any of the items above
- Admission to exclusive events
- Invitations to in-home events
- Private concert
- Private painting lessons